Features of Android
1) Open source framework, Android OS is open source and it is part of the Open Handset Alliance, most of the leading handset manufacturers in the world have Android phones.
2) Uses of tools are very simple.
3) Availability of Apps, majority of the apps in Google Play are free as compared to the paid apps on iPhone.
4) Inbuilt support for the Flash.
5) Social networking integration like with Twitter, Facebook, ..etc
6)Integrated Applications & Features, Eg: Android allows an option to share, after taking a photo with the Camera.
7) Free to customizes, we can customize widgets as our wish with new properties.
8) Better Notification System (comprises emails, updates from various widgets.)
9) Updated user interface design
10) It has a better App Market, to easily upload and download.
11) Different Resolutions for Different Screen Sizes.
12) System-wide copy and paste functionalities.
13) Multi-touch interfacing
14) Java Support so can develop Robust applications.
15) Multilanguage support
16) Android can support for multitasking i.e simultaneously run the different application for example while listening to the music we can chat with someone.
- Storage: here we use lightweight relational database i.e SQLite which is a modified version for low memory devices.
- Connectivity: Android supports connectivity technologies including GSM/CDMA/ Blue tooth, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, ..etc
- Messaging: SMS and MMS are available forms of messaging
- Multiple language support: Android supports multiple languages
- Web browser: it can support all browsers because of the open-source WebKit layout engine
- Java support: Java is platform independent that we can compile and run anywhere so here we are compiling our java classes with Dalvik virtual machine so output file is worked with low battery and less memory.
- Media support: Android supports all for of media formats like WAV, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, 3GP or MP4 container
- Streaming media support: Android can support for live streaming as well
- Additional hardware support: Android can support cameras, touchscreens, GPS, sensors & gesture effects etc..
- Multi-touch: Android has native support for multi-touch
- Bluetooth: Supports sending files, accessing the phone book, voice dialing and sending contacts between phones.
- Video calling: it can support video calling also this feature can support from android 2.1
- Multitasking: Multitasking of applications
- Tethering: Android supports tethering, which allows a phone to be used as a wireless/wired Wi-Fi
- External storage: Most Android devices support SD card options and read all formats FAT32, Ext3 or Ext4 file system.