Android Versions & Version wise Features and Drawbacks
This is the first version as operating system and released on April 30, 2009.
- In this version onscreen soft keyboard introduced with auto-rotation option
- Supports both land and portrait modes
- Dictionary with custom words
- Copy and Paste feature added in the web browser.
- Introduced on-screen widgets like analog clock, calendar, music player, and search option etc.
This version released on September 15, 2009.
- Introduced quick search
- Virtual Private Network settings, the user can add his/her VPN settings in the control panel.
- Voice search and Search box were added.
- Battery usage indicator introduced like for which application how battery in consuming
- Faster OS boot times and fast web browsing experience.
- Google play store updates like categories in google play like games, apps
- Gestures for storing, loading, volume controls.
This version released on October 26, 2009.
- This version Bluetooth 2.1
- Typing speed is Improved with the virtual keyboard, with dictionary option
- Introduced adding events in the calendar also invite someone for your event as well.
- From this version onwards only we can build dynamic applications.
- Supporting zoom option in the browser
- no Adobe flash media support.
This version is released on Released on May 20, 2010.
- It is Support Adobe Flash
- Multi-touch event gestures are introduced.
- From this version on words, we can set mode like night/day mode so that we can save some battery life.
- Device policy manager feature in updated like password & security etc.
- Data backup application is also introduced.
- Crash reporting to developer paly store account
- The hotspot also introduced.
- Improved Application launcher with better browser
- No internet calling.
This version is released on December 6, 2010.
- User Interface is updated with high efficiency and speed
- Internet calling is introduced
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste.
- Supports third-party keyboards as well
- 3d motion sensors are updated
- Data encoding and decoding introduced
- Not supports multi-core processors.
This version released on February 22, 2011.
- Its Supporting multi-core processors
- It is suitable for tablets with high reach user interface
- Action bar also introduced.
- HTTP live streaming introduced
This version released on November 14, 2011.
- Home Screen folder and favorites grouping
- Introduced Virtual button in the UI.
- The user can adjust the sizes of widgets
- With the swipe, the user can clear browsers tabs, notifications, older tasks
- Screenshot sharing
- Android beam app for data sharing.
This version released on June 27, 2012.
- Autocomplete option for the dial pad
- The smoother user interface is updated
- Multi-language support is introduced
- Location accuracy updated.
This version released on Sep 30, 2013.
- Battery management option introduced.
- “OK Google” voice commands improved.
- Cloud storage options introduced.
- Cloud printer introduced.
- Multitasking introduced like Response faster, touch is more accurate so that multiple things can also be done at a time like browsing the web, listening to music,
This version released on Oct 15, 2014.
- From this version, Android is 64-bit system architecture
- From this version, apps can support tv, watches, and cars
- More security is introduced.
- You can create your rules in your device like settings quick menu customization.
This version released on May 28, 2015.
- Design and visual changes
- “Google now tap on” this the most and important feature in android easy to search option in google
- “Ok Google” option on the home screen.
- File explorer option for moving files from one location to other.
- Batter indicator on status bar
- Security: App level permissions